Tuesday 19 October 2010

Butterflies

You may be thinking that I have a strange facination with Gossip Girl but really I don't.  Okay, maybe a little,  but between the fashion and the interiors it's a no brainer for me.  I think it was last week where I was tuning in on Monday night and saw the most amazing butterfly wall behind Serena's (Blake Lively) bed. I had to do some digging and find out more about it.  I have been searching since that episode and didn't have a lot of luck but today I finally found some info on the symphony of butterflies that covered the wall so beautifully.  Yes I have become very passionate about these lovely creatures.  The man behind the butterflies is Paul Villinski.  He is an artist that makes them from crushed beer cans off the streets of New York.  I'm amazed at how delicate and fluid they look when installed on a wall.  

This is where I first spotted them


Here are some more images from Paul Villinski's website