Friday 19 November 2010

Magnificent Lake Front Estate on Lake Palestine in Bullard, Texas

In the summer of 2010, my family took a trip to Lake Palestine, Texas which is located near Tyler, Texas in the eastern part of the state.  On my old website, I had done a write-up on this lake front estate, but didn't pay any attention to the property until I heard we were going to Lake Palestine.  This sparked my interest in the home.  I researched the estate a little more and grew to love it.  In fact, one of my goals was to reach the home so I could see it up close in person!

Well, we packed up and headed to Lake Palestine.  The drive took a couple hours (you must realize, my family loves to stop) so we finally rolled in about 5 p.m. that night.  After checking into our rented log cabin, I found myself with a problem: I was bored.  All of our activities were during the next few days so I found myself napping on the couch.  I had to do something; about that time, I remembered the Eagle's Bluff estate!  On my magnificent smart phone, I was able to find the address and directions.  As my family also lay in boredom, I grabbed the keys and my adventure began.  I followed the directions until I got to the gates of Eagle's Bluff...unavailable to get in.  Yes, I had overlooked the clear fact that with large, exclusive estates comes privacy and gated communities.  As you can imagine, the home was located in a gated community.  So much for that!

But I still had a goal set in place: I was going to see this house, period.  The place where we were staying had kayak and canoe rentals for pretty darn cheap.  From our lakeside log cabin, I could spot the home, but it was nearly impossible to see fully.

So the next day, I had the bright idea to canoe myself over, take my camera, and snap a few pictures of the home.  I did not know at the time how far (2 miles) the home was located from my cabin.  Nevertheless, I rented my canoe and made the trek over.  After 45 minutes of hardcore canoeing, I had finally reached the home!  We canoed around the boat house while I took a few pictures of the exterior.  We drifted around the house about 20 minutes, then we headed for home...and yes, we were horribly sunburn!

The home is literally feet from the water with stunning panoramic views of the lake, sunsets, and trees.  The brick and stone French country design fits in extremely well with the wooded background.  The home is described as a perfect second home or corporate retreat.  The estate's address is 119 N. Lake Bluff Drive.  Some amenities include a 3 car garage, 1 car garage for golf cart, gated privacy, lake front, boat house, 3 levels, game room, 4 bedrooms, 6.5 bathrooms, offices, and a pool.

It is listed for $1,875,000.  If I had the coins, I would surely consider this lake front paradise!





Thanks for reading,