Monday 13 February 2012

A little Rub 'n Buff magic

I scored these cute original egg drawings from ebay awhile ago and they've been sitting in my office ever since because I've been undecided on what colour frame to use.  A white frame didn't enhance the prints at all, wood frames looked to traditional and black frames were to harsh.  That left me with either silver or gold.  I am all over the gold trend right now and this is a great way to bring in a trend without spending a lot of money.

Now the question is what product should I use that would give the nicest finish to some inexpensive Ikea frames?  This kinda thing is out of my realm of know how so I asked my DIY peeps and the majority said that Rub 'n Buff was the way to go.  I bought six Ikea ribba frames and had mats custom cut at Opus Art Supplies to fit the size of the prints.  Now it's time get started, wish me luck!