Thursday 17 November 2011

Credenza makeover

As many of you know I am not a DIY'er by any stretch of the imagination.  Yes, even painting furniture is a BIG project for me!  I really wanted to try the Annie Sloan paint because it's considered "girl" proof and very easy to work with.  Seriously, no sanding and no priming?  What's not to love?  I applied the first coat using a foam roller because I wanted a smoother finish without brush strokes.  I used a brush for the tighter spots around the doors.  The paint is quite thick so you can add water if you wanted to thin it out a bit.  I then applied the clear wax in small sections with a rag once it was totally dry and the last step was to buff it with another cloth.  I am really happy with how it turned out, let me know what you think!


Before:


 First coat (it ended up needing two coats)

 After:



Paint colour is Paris Grey