Thursday 3 February 2011

Rate or Hate - Phil Romano's Colorful Listed Property in Preston Hollow

Well, the first post of NTLux's new feature, Rate or Hate!  Do you like it?  Comment below and tell me how you would rate this home on a 10 point scale, #10 being "I want to move into this home right now".  Do you not like it?  Comment below and tell me why you hate it!

This is restaurateur Phil Romano's interesting estate in Preston Hollow currently listed for $12,500,000.  Located on Billionaire's Row, aka Strait Lane, the odd-shaped home features colorful interior amenities as well as exterior amenities.  The outdated tile and blue, yes blue, staircase bring out the foyer's true colors, no pun intended.  Reminds me of a Spanish pueblo.  Nonetheless, the 8 bedroom, 8 bath home is 14,670 sq. feet in total and very, very private, as all Preston Hollow homes are.  The 4.7 acres, according to DCAD, is appraised at just over $7 million (that is how you know this home is in Preston Hollow).  A private lake in back compliments a heavily wooded lot with pool, outdoor lounge, and 4 car garage with motor court.

Sorry folks, but I'm gonna bring out my verdict - hate!  Can't get myself to like this one.  I do love the Preston Hollow address, 10660 Strait Lane, and the private pond in back, but can't get myself over the hideous interior. Maybe you like it?  Maybe you agree with me?  Tell me below!  Rate or Hate?




Thanks for reading,