Monday 9 April 2012

Time for a bathroom reno!

I am up to my eye balls in bathroom renovations right now so I might as well add my own bathroom to the craziness.  I have an ensuite bathroom from hell and it's something that needs to be done whether this is our forever house or not.  Drywall is starting to crumble off the ceiling in the shower and both sinks are starting to crack etc....  Let's just say that there is nothing appealing about this bathroom and I have lived with it for six years, six looooong years!  I am going to do my best to keep the cost down as I am on a huge budget for this project. I need to be creative with where to spend and where to save and how to get the biggest bang for my buck!  Oh and did I mention that it's a lovely Pepto Bismol pink?  Yes, the walls, counter, trim and floor all in wonderful shades of pink.  Back in the 80's it was the popular pinky beige.  Kinda like the popular updated much nicer version we call greige so I guess that makes this colour peige??


One of the things I'd like to change if possible is the angled vanity.  This is creating all sorts of problems for me.  It will mean removing a closet in the kids bath but in the end it will be well worth it.



I have to live with the tub but I will break up the expanse of tile by adding some wood panelling to the apron and along the wall where the tile meets the windows.  I am also adding some shelves on the wall to the right of the tub for towels etc...


 The shower is a disaster!  I am removing the wall where the towel rack sits and adding glass so it's open to the tub. In order to do this I have to move the shower head and add a rain shower head from the ceiling.


My doggie won't miss a photo opportunity!


I haven't decided on any of the finishes yet.  But the overall colour palette will be white and grey with some much needed sparkle.  I can't wait to get started!!