Thursday 13 January 2011

The Perfect Example of a Highland Park Home - Newly Listed 3518 Armstrong Ave.

Completed in 2008, this rather stunning Highland Park residence is the stereotypical home for the area...and I mean that in a good way.  Erin Matthews with Matthews Nichols Group, a prominent north Dallas real estate group, says it best on the REALTOR listing stating, "A French masterpiece offering casual elegance and unsurpassed luxury."

What I Like: The front entrance, although typical, is quite homely.  The staircase leads up to the second floor along the wall and an arched doorway leads to the rest of the home.  The living room is immense with arching trusses that compliment the feel of the room.  Also, I love the whole exterior, back and front.

What I Don't Like: Typical Highland Park homes are situated on a poor lot size and this home is no different - 0.53 of an acre.  The formal living room located upon front entry has rather wacky wood flooring and messes with my eyes.  Also, the media room is a little odd too.  Usually, media rooms are set up as an actual theater; this media room is set up like a normal living room.  Nothing wrong with that, just looks odd for a "media room".

All in all, I'm impressed.  I'd buy it, would you?






Thanks for reading,