Sunday 27 March 2011

Wonderfully Crafted Home in Bartonville, Texas Inspired by George Washington's Estate, Mount Vernon

For the past 2 years, I've traveled to Washington, D.C. for a little site-seeing.  One of my favorites places near D.C. is Mount Vernon, the slightly renovated but still extremely historic estate of George Washington, the first president of the United States of America.  I highly recommend a visit to all who haven't been.

Anyway, I was mapping out Bartonville, Texas and found this home along Green Oak Drive in central Bartonville.  It's a homely street with homes build on 1+ acres.  I came across this stately residence and I knew immediately Mount Vernon was the role model for this home.  It's got very similar exterior construction as the current renovated Mount Vernon.  

Here's pictures of the Bartonville home:



And here's some Google images of Mount Vernon, the real one:



Thanks for reading,